Sunday, April 25, 2010

Does she even know how...?

We woke up at 4:00am and Eric started some water boiling for coffee. The propane stove took the edge off of the chilly morning and we busied ourselves with pulling anchor... and bringing Nanu up to a real dock.

"Do you think she even knows how to dock anymore?" I muttered under my breath as Eric tied on our fenders and gripped onto his coffee mug.

The sun hasn't risen yet and La Cruz's anchorage is a mirror, reflecting the lights from far-off Bucerias along the hull of Nanu as she slips through the entrance of the marina.

It's been a little more than 180 days since our happy home has bumped up against docks...

Eric maneuvered Nanu professionally into one of the fuel dock slips and as soon as Nanu was secured to the cleats, we began our pre-planned attack on the fresh-water supply at the taps.

I was 6:45 when we hopped onto the pavement, armed with water hoses, jerry jugs and scrub brushes. Eric was going to wash the boat in the 15 minutes before the fuel dock opened, and I was going to fill up all of our jerry jugs (20 gallons) and our inboard tanks (40 gallons and 18 gallons).

A security guard met us before we could attach the hose.

Plannn B: ... Rinse the boat. Fill the water tanks. Buy the fuel.

So under the security guard's wary eye, Eric hosed down Nanu's salty decks and then I filled up our tanks.

And then we paid for 5 gallons of diesel fuel and left...

Mission: Successful. Nanu was full of water, rinsed off, and ready for another surf session in Punta Mita.

Our "sail" from La Cruz to Punta Mita was... very, very simple.
There was no wind, so Nanu's engine puttered away in the calm waters the entire 9 miles to Punta Mita. It was only perhaps 1 mile away from the anchorage when the wind began to pipe up... a little too late...

So began our usual regimen of wake up, surf, go home, eat, surf again and sleep...

And then I was having this really stellar day. I was catching waves, riding them... and then I fell.
And then I could barely walk...

SO then it was Eric waking up early, making plans with Tao and Estrella to go surfing, and I was left on Nanu to rest my back.

I never want to get old. I hobbled around Nanu taking Aspirin, reading novel after novel, and puttering around on our tempermental internet connection.

Eric, Chris and Adam would come back to the boat gleaming after a great surf session, or complaining about how windy it was, or how many pangas (and surfers) there were... they've been having a ball!

SO the days go by...
Surfing...

No plans on leaving Punta Mita yet...

But we'll keep you updated when we do...

And I will take some pictures one of these days...

No comments: